Your Journey Is Not Their Journey…
There are some people who appear to be naturals at network marketing. They make it look effortless. They amass a huge team in a few months, climb to the top of the leader boards and still seem to get eight hours of sleep and look flawless in photos. And we sit back and wonder why the same doesn’t happen for us.
Here are some things you need to know. Theodore Roosevelt said it best: “Comparison is the thief of joy.” Your journey is not their journey. By comparing yourself to the top leaders in your business, it can leave you feeling frustrated and stressed and wondering why you are not making the same strides in your business. These tips will help you when you start to question yourself and whether this industry is for you.
1. They were once where you are. They were newbies too and made the same mistakes you did. They just recovered from them and kept going. Practice makes perfect. Don’t let your challenges be an excuse to quit. Your journey is not the same as theirs. It doesn’t pay to compare your journey to theirs.
2. They took time to learn. Personal development is a big deal. The more you know yourself, the better you are at knowing others. Trust me on this. My business got bigger when I started embracing personal development rather than resisting it. It is something everyone can use and all of the big leaders do it. If it is good for them, it is good for you.
3. They aren’t afraid of the word no. Many have been told no hundreds, if not thousands, of times and they still keep pursuing their dreams because they know it is their path in life.
4. They hate the phone too. I know cell phones are smaller and lighter than ever, but when you don’t want to make that call, your phone feels like it weighs 1000 pounds. Become your own personal strongman (or strong woman) and do it anyway. Pick up that phone. The worst you will hear is no. If you are told no, see #3 and pick up the phone again.
5. People will tell you that you are crazy for doing this, but hell, isn’t that what all the dreamers and visionaries were told? Not everyone will see your vision. Those who don’t can enjoy the 40-40-40 plan. Besides, we need those people to keep the rest of the world running.
6. They took the time to learn from others outside of their company. There are amazing trainers and coaches out there that will help you build your business.
7. They stress you should Network, network, network…..not every person you meet will be s sale or a referral, but you may end up with some pretty awesome new friends and that is pretty great too!
You can do it, I believe in you!